Friday, August 20, 2010

Things I love/hate...

Things I've HATED (or just disliked) about this month:

- the politics of the military (i.e. useless paperwork, people making up stupid irrational rules to get promoted, etc)
- High heels in service dress
- Blues pants!! (who ever designed the blues uniform for women needs to be tortured, seriously. )
- my bathroom faucet that leaks every 1.5 seconds and I SWEAR gets louder at night and can be heard through a steel door!
- Having BMT kids stand up and at attention when i walk into the room in the ER. I know they're conditioned to do that, but i dislike it a lot. Same goes for the "yes/no ma'am" after every question.
- Seeing a little girl with "facial droop", making several glove balloons for her, and then finding out she has a large brain tumor and has less than 1 year to live. :(
- Having crazy enlisted people yell at me for a uniform issue while they neglect the things that really matter...like a patient with sats in the 70's!!
- The wasps (ugly black ones) that seem to live and multiply in my stairwell and chase me every time I need to come to my room!
- The smallest shower known to man, that also floods the floor with every use.
- Going for a run after dark and sweating so much that my shoes are soaked, gross.
- Wearing Blues on mondays!
- Whiney BMT kids that complain about everything and don't know how to cope with a little stress.
- cynical people, especially cynical doctors that hate their life!
- Nurses that think they're doctors
- blood on my boots :(
- Seeing a sexual abuse case on a 4 yr old
- Colonel's who think they deserve special and faster treatment in the ER and refuse to be seen by medical students
- Feeling like matching at this program would take a miracle because of my board scores :-/
- People who walk around with a chip on their shoulder

No comments:

Post a Comment