Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend with Dad!

The weekend with my dad was pretty awesome! He was looking forward to it sooooooo much and we had a blast! Went hiking in Sedona, Westfork Trail, went on a good ride with Strada, pool, and just hung out together.  He LOVED Sedona (of course) and the hike. I hadn't been hiking here yet so it was a first for both of us. We went for about 4 hours through the creeks and mountains, it was pretty awesome. The ride was fun too...for the first time I beat my dad on the bike! Until this weekend...cycling was the one thing he could always show me up with...not anymore! :-) The highlight of his trip though was probably getting his computer. I got my old computer fixed (i bought a new mac) and gave it to him. He has been wanting a computer forever so it was nice to be able to do that for him. It was hilarious trying to teach him how to use the internet though...he still had trouble finding the keys on the keyboard. But now that he has that he'll be more with the times when it comes to technology. 

The intense running and transition training starts tomorrow with a 5am run. I've been neglecting the runs a bit so i can improve on my swimming and cycling. It's been going well, swimming is still my nemesis, but overall i'm doing much better. I've really got to make the best of the next 2 months because there's nothing worse than feeling like you could've trained more during a race...worst feeling ever. 

2 more weeks left in my FP rotation and I'm still LOVING it. We get a couple new students tomorrow at the office so that should be interesting to see...will they be tools? Statistics say yes...but hopefully they aren't too bad and the type of people who correct the doctor. 

Pics from the weekend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment