Monday, August 31, 2009

Anesthesia..day 1

So I started anesthesia today...and all in all it was pretty cool.  I don't think I would ever want to go into anesthesia, but it is an interesting field. 

Things I learned:

1. Surgeons really are jerks and think they're God
2. Orthopods are even bigger jerks
3. People do crazy things when they wake up from anesthesia
4. Everything is about perspective
5. WEAR LONG SLEEVES CUZ ITS FREEZING IN THE OR!!!
6. Eat a snack after every surgery
7. Orthotics are NECESSARY!!


I'm' only here for a couple of weeks but it should be exciting to practice my skills. The docs I'm with are really awesome and said I can do as much as I want...that could be scary. 

Training is going ...ok. I'm struggling with my heels at the moment. I'm even debating getting x rays to make sure i don't have bone spurs...it hurts that bad. I'm hoping that this will i'll get used to the standing and the pain will ease up a bit. With that said....I'm off to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment