Monday, July 4, 2011

Weekend with Tim!

I was one of the lucky ones to have start residency on a non-inpatient rotation. Not only is my first couple of weeks non-inpatient...it's actually a non-patient rotation...RESEARCH! :-D  At first, I was bummed out that the huge build-up to internship felt a bit anti-climactic. My first real day of being a doctor didn't even require me to come into work! However, I am NOT complaining at all. It was a blessing that I was able to have the weekend off because my Tim was able to visit me! He arrived Friday night and we had a great weekend. I showed him around downtown San Antonio and King William. We spent most of the weekend on bikes making plans to live here in our own cute King William house. It was nice and I'm excited to see what the future holds <3. We rode around town, did Crossfit with some fellow interns (which totally kicked out butts!!) in their home crossfit gym (CROSSFIT EMESIS) they made, cooked ourselves a fantastic dinner, and just relaxed. It was a weekend that we both needed to put things in perspective again.

Now that the weekend is over I'm looking forward to really getting a study/workout regimen started. I have lots to do in these next 5 months and a lot is at stake. Residency, Boards, EM applications, fitness goals will for sure keep me busy and hopefully make the time without Tim go by fast! 

Pics from the weekend...

Our vehicles!

                                           Post-thai dessert: Tres leches cupcake and cheesecake


Dinner my Teem made for me!

Pioneer building in King William


Admiring homes in King William historic District

Dancing at a beer garden on First Friday <3


No comments:

Post a Comment