Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thing's that I'm not used to yet...

1. This patient history:  22 yr old male with bilateral lower extremity below the knee amputations, right hand amputation, and blast injury to testicles and penis. (this kid is not a rarity sadly)

2. Being called doctor by above patient and him thanking ME for my service....are you serious??!!! I have done nothing compared to the sacrifice and decisions these kids make everyday. 

3. Realizing that I'm not a med student anymore and my signature actually means something now (mainly, I have a licensee to kill)

4. Waking up at 4am daily...and wanting to go to bed at 7pm

5. Being far away from Tim and seeing him once every 2 months :(

6. Knowing that my holidays will be spent in the hospital this year

7. Feeling like all I do is work and sleep

Source: None via Sasha on Pinterest

My path from A to B is quite similar to this. Doing my absolute best to enjoy this round about path that seems to be the theme of my life. :)

It's 7:22pm. Bedtime.




No comments:

Post a Comment