Saturday, September 3, 2011

Welcome to the MICU....

I've been in the MICU for 1 week now and it's been great. By great, I mean that I'm learning a ton and I love the work. THe last 3 days, 3 patients died...rough. I pronounced my first death, did chest compressions twice already, and had to give some pretty tough advice about withdrawing care. Everyone has said that MICU is the busiest rotation and that I'll never have time to workout. So far, i've had the opposite experience. Everyday that I come home from being surrounded by death and dying, i feel compelled to run and exercise. Maybe that's just my way of feeling alive and shaking off the emotional weight of the day, but it's become necessary. (my love handles are also benefiting from this lol). Anyway, MICU is rough but amazing to say the least.

Tomorrow will be 1 yr since Tim and I went on our first date. Crazy. Crazy that he has continued to ask me on dates for a year. Crazy that he has continued to put up with me during this year of unknowns and moving and changing of plans. I'm pretty lucky in my opinion ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment