Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Random thoughts...


  •  As you can tell (or maybe not), I'm in the process of redesigning the blog! Actually, i'm not redesigning it, my cousin, the Xio part of XioKat is doing it for me :) Visit her blog and website, buy they're stuff, its awesome! I'm hoping redesigning= more posting, we'll see!
  • Thanksgiving break was great. I got some much needed rest and time to see family. Sad that I'll be here for xmas, working, overnight, on my birthday, in the CCU, hell on earth. Wish me luck and prayers that I stay sane :)
  • I don't even want to mention the upcoming (6 days) Air Force residency match that will determine my fate for the next few years. Lots of worst case scenarios going on in my head. I don't think its normal to be simultaneously looking for places to live in San Antonio, TX AND Okinawa...such is life. Bring it on AF!
  • To celebrate and rebalance myself after this ridiculous match business, I'm planning on crossing an item off my bucket list very soon!!! Just sent in my leave paperwork to take an amazing trip with a very great friend to Cusco, Peru and hike the Andean mountains of the Urubamba valley up to the incredible Machu Picchu!! I can't even get over that I'm typing this because this has been a dream of mine, literally, FOREVER. Let's hope the AF comes through and I can overcome the mounds of computer training and jump through the obligatory hoops the silly AF requires me to do. Again, bring it on AF, your antics are  NOT getting in the way of this.  *side note: this trip will result in me having to do 4 months of wards straight upon my return, yes, i said 4, yes that's going to be insane. Who are we kidding though, it's Machu Picchu, it's worth it! And when do we ever get to travel like this? I'm doing it. :)
  • I bought those silly five finger shoes. So far they're awesome but incredibly different and will take some getting used to. I ran today in them, maybe more than I should've. Feet are hurting now. I think if I can adapt my plantar fascia will like me again. Updates coming. 
  • My cousin, from Colombia, is visiting me tomorrow for a little over a week! Very excited. She's a future doctor and awesome. 
  • Currently on an outpatient internal medicine clinic rotation. It's quite boring/annoying. I don't care about pulmonary function tests...or diabetes follow ups. I DO care about short days and weekends off. So no complaining here. :)
...that's enough random thoughts for now. 


Oh hey there Machu Picchu....

No comments:

Post a Comment