Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I've been back in the states and back at work for 2 days now. I. Miss. Peru. I set out to find new perspective at this point in my life, meet new people, and truly experience the soul of Cusco and Machu Picchu. I can honestly say I achieved my goal in so may ways.

My absolute most favorite thing about the trip was in fact, not Machu Pichu. I loved seeing what an incredibly spiritual place it is without a doubt. But to be honest, what I loved most about Peru was the rich culture of people that are overwhelmingly proud of their Inka heritage which is electrically still present in their blood and the genuine love for "pacha mama", Mother earth. Maybe it's just that I haven't traveled enough, but I have never met people more in touch with nature.  It didn't take long to understand that people in Cusco and the surrounding sacred valley live and die for the earth. It guides their every move and is the underlying reason in their minds for how their life unfolds. They believe that the wind can take lives as she wants, and they don't question it. It's amazing to me to be able to believe so wholeheartedly that way of life. I wish more people here adopted something like this to believe in. While I know that people there, like everywhere else, long for more money and a "rich" lifestyle, I was moved by the large number of people I did meet that were perfectly happy with their simple lives in the mountains. It was very refreshing for me to see that and a good reminder of the wasteful, materialistic lives we live here in the states.  It was such a humbling experience to share their culture.

Overall, I met some amazing people, pushed my limits physically with the hike, and really engulfed myself in the spirituality that is all around in cusco and macho picchu. I'm home now with a new perspective and goals to return to Peru very soon! :)

Here are some pics:










Initially i thought I could cross Peru off my list. But after this trip, I realized that I added abut 5 more Peru trips to the list! Pictures don't do this magical place justice. Peru: nos vemos pronto!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment