Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Done with 3rd year of med school!!!!

So I'm basically in my LAST year of medical school! I can't even believe that I'm this close to being a doctor, it doesn't seem real. Time really flies when you do a different rotation every month...the months seem like one long day and before you know it you're on to the next thing! I have a lot to learn in the next year ahhh!

Anyway, I'm going back to Kirksville, MO tomorrow for our last practical exam of 3rd year. It shouldn't be anything difficult, just seeing fake patients and writing notes on them. I'm not excited about going back to Kirksville, but I really do want to see some friends that are back there still. I'm only going to be there for a couple of days, just enough for me!

I'm pretty excited about the next few months though. Next monday I start my first Emergency medicine rotation and I can't wait! That's ultimately what i want to go into and I can't wait to finally be in an ER. I really need to get a letter of recommendation from an ER doc so I'm going to work really really hard and get the most out of it. I should def have some interesting stories from the ER in the next few weeks lol.

Also, in about 10 days I'm going to FL for a fun little triathlon on South beach. It's an ocean swim, which I've never done, but I'm excited to do it. I'm the most excited about the fact that my family will be there to watch me. Nobody in my family has ever watched me race or anything just because I've never done anything in FL lol.  Also, the race is through the beautiful south beach and should be really flat and an awesome time. I'll miss a few days of the rotation but it's ok, it's totally worth it.  I also get to go home and see my little abbey!! I miss her so much, she's most likely going to come back with me.  :)

So the next few months are going to be fun, busy (not like that's anything new haha), exciting, and even scary at times I'm sure. And even crazier to think about, is that I'm going to know if I matched or not by Christmas! Ok i won't think about it yet because I can feel by blood pressure rising lol. But really, no matter what happens, i'm sure it will be fine.

Oh here are some pics of my most recent mountain biking adventure...we'll just say I took on the steep downhills and lost :)

No comments:

Post a Comment