Monday, April 5, 2010

Getting ready for 4th year!

So It's April! Where did March go??? This year is going by so fast already, it's scary. Before I know it it's going to be December! I was in Kirksville a few days ago for OMSIII testing, and wow...I don't miss it AT ALL!!! I miss my friends but honestly, you couldn't pay me enough to move back there. It served its purpose, and i don't mean to sound like I hated it, because I didn't. I appreciate the quiet beauty and convenience of the small town, but 2 years is enough. Also, there are a lot of bad memories that I would rather leave in Kirksville and not revisit. So I'm happy to say that the next time I go there it will be my most exciting trip to kirksville as well as my last...graduation!!! :)

In other news I have officially started my 4th year of medical school! I start my first ER rotation tomorrow and I'm really excited. THe docs I'm with seem pretty cool and I hope to learn as much as I can before I do my military rotations.  I can only imagine the stories I'm going to get this month, I'll keep you posted! Also, I'm going home to FL this weekend to see family and do a short triathlon :)  I'm not in the best shape for a triathlon, but it's a short race. I'm really excited for my family to be there supporting me, that has never happened before. I've never done a race in FL or close enough where family can watch, so I'm pumped about that. My dad already asked if he can follow me in a car...he clearly doesn't know how triathlon's work lol. ALso, Abbey is coming back with me!! I've missed her so much. She keeps me sane and I need her to take me for walks again.

So these next few months are going to be super busy for me. I have boards, which I NEED to blow out of the water, work my butt off on my audition rotations, and apply for residencies (i just got so nervous just typing that right now) lol.  I know the rest of this year is going to be SO stressful, I can already feel it coming. I also know myself and how I can let stress overcome me and drive me crazy. So, one day at a time, that's my goal, for everything.  I know I'm still going to worry/stress, but I can at least make a conscious effort to take it easy, enjoy right now, travel, experience new things and people while I have the chance. So much of my time is spent planning for the life I want in the future. That is a good thing, so long as I don't ignore the time I have in the present.

Song for the night:  "wheel" John Mayer...one of my favorite songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment