Sunday, July 4, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

So my week of post-boards relaxation has finally come to an end. I've spent the week mostly relaxing, packing slowly, watching soccer, and enjoying my free time. It was a great week, but I'm definitely ready to get back in the hospital and get back to work. I'm leaving on Monday morning at 6am for my 2 month adventure back in to the active duty Air Force. I'll be going to Wright-Patt AFB in Dayton, OH for 4 weeks and then Wilford Hall Med Center in San Antonio, TX for another month. The only difference this time is that I'll be working in the ED, not on the flight line :) .  I have sort of mixed emotions about how these next couple of months are going to go. I'm extremely excited to finally rotate at places I may actually end up and get a glimpse into what could quite possibly be my life for the next 3 years. With excitement comes the nervousness of "holy crap, I've been off active duty for 3 years, I'm gonna look like an idiot!" On top of this, there's the anxiety that I MUST impress these programs so they actually pick me from the hundreds of applicants. One good thing though, is that I feel ready to finally see what it's like to combine my Air Force life with my medical life. I've done them separately and I hope I realize and get that feeling that the combination of the two is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. So, i'm excited/nervous/anxious/ready for the next 2 months!

Things I plan to do/keep up with while I'm gone:
- RUNNING!!
- SWIMMING!!!
- RIDING (i plan to participate in the SOMA 70.3 triathlon again this year in October so I gotta get my butt in gear!)
- CLIMBING
- TAKING PICTURES (of everything of course!)
- oh yea and reading and learning lots of Emergency medicine things :)

So that's what I'm up to for the next couple of months. It comes at a great time too...it's crazy HOT right now so it'll be nice to get out of AZ. Not to mention I've been wanting to get out of town lately. I love AZ but something has been making me antsy, like I need a slight change of perspective as of late. Not really sure why that is really. But hopefully I'll get a much needed change of perspective on the many things I purposely place on my already full plate. Maybe I'll just want to add more? :)

I will miss my abbey though :(  She'll be hanging out with Xiomi and they're going to keep each other from getting lonely, abbey was put on this earth for that, I'm convinced of that.

Well stay tuned for funny ER stories, angry rants of frustration, crazy ER times, and funny Sasha stories...we all know I can get myself into the craziest situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment