Thursday, February 4, 2010

My favorite kind of patient...

Dr. R: "So i see you had some chest pain last night?"

Mr. L, 70 y/o marathon runner: "yea i thought i was maybe having a heart attack, but i'm fine now, i think I just ran too hard."

Dr. R: "It doesn't look like a heart attack, but we have to get one more set of results back, but you can go home later today."

Mr. L: "Today huh?"

Dr. R: "Yup, any more questions for right now?"

Mr. L: "Can I run tonight, I have a track workout planned."


I never get tired of these patients! This guy was pacing the halls in his robe and Saucony running shoes just itching to be cleared, and I loved it! I love it when people are actually involved in controlling their health and staying active. He looked like he was maybe 60 and could def run circles around me. I ended up going back and re-iterating how important it was for his future races that he rest for the next week. But I know how he feels!

Maybe I can be like that one day! Afterall, it was a pack of a few 70 yr old men that got me through my first marathon. They kept me going the whole way with dirty jokes and all! I love old runners :)

No comments:

Post a Comment