Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Don't mind me...

This injury is commonly the result of quick sprints while running. With a muscle strain, there is localized tenderness or a “bulge” more commonly at the inner region of the back of the leg. The pain is aggravated by walking, descending stairs, or raising the heel of the affected leg off the ground.

This picture and caption are my nemesis at the moment...except my red painful dot is on the lateral part of the muscle. I have no idea what I did to my leg...but it is angry, and I am too a little. Last I knew I was taking a short easy 6 mile recovery run and next thing I remember I couldn't walk normally! I'm sure my 2 days of "rest" (one of those days i led a spin class) was not the best idea before going back out and trying to "push through" it. BUT not to worry, that leg let me know 2 miles into my run yesterday that it was still pissed off, thanks leg, got it. And of course I got rained on as if my frustration wasn't high enough...freezing cold rain, in the eyes, calf muscle that felt like it was about to explode, awesome. I guess i'm going to have to really rest for the next few days whether I like it or not, i listen to my body (when it gets really bad) i swear! Who convinced me to run a marathon again?? (oh yea, myself...doh!)

But maybe this a good thing. Blessing in disguise? I need to be actually studying for my finals this week, not worrying about how many miles I'll get in. Especially considering my performance on that 100 drug list, 40 question pharmacology final yesterday wasn't exactly "stellar".

And to top it all off, its supposed to get down to 0 degrees tonight!! Really?!?! It is insane how the weather can change my demeanor and make my day either really awesome...or just as grey as the clouds. Today has been just as sucky as the gusty wind, on and off annoying rain, and freezing temperature :-( The end of the quarter always puts people on edge and makes me just want to scream at the most insiginificant things. Like for example, there not being an English Toffee coffe today at my studying spot/2nd home in Kirksville, Java Company. I study there 6 out of 7 days a week, atmosphere is great, people are nice, internet is free, AND i can control the fireplace next to my studying table (yes i claim this as my table.) I arrived there today after already having a blah morning and being put on edge by all the crazy 1st year med students FREAKING OUT everywhere about finals and limping through the parking lot in my white coat ready to have some awesome English toffee coffee, my new favorite... Only to be told, the last cup was given out to the guy right before me and they were out!!!!! This seems silly and insigificant to get angry about...but when you are severely sleep deprived, limping through seas of stressed out melodramatic med students, angry that its finals week and you can't run away your frustrations, and of course FREEZING your butt off (this is a constant with me)...not having your comfort coffee in your comfortable study spot is a big deal that throws everything off!! Ok i'm breathing haha, don't worry. We'll just say that my day, has been one of my "not so good" days...one of those that creeps up on you without warning days. BUT thankfully, tomorrow is another day! (hopefully with a stellar performance on pathology)

But don't mind me, I'm just complaining.... :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment