Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Work out status


Today:

Lead 50 minute spin class:

Intervals: 30 and 45s intervals for 25 mins
Hills: alternate gradual and steep, 80% of max, 25 mins

Short and easy LE lift, trying to beef up my hamstrings to help with the running.

Yesterday:

Low intensity 6mi (which turned into a slow 5 mi) to loosen up the legs from the 15mi on Sunday. Wind was terrible and just made me angry. Running is getting to be more of a chore right now than an enjoyment, perhaps i have mid training depression? I need to get over it soon though and avoid the temptation to substitute riding or swimming for the crucial runs, well just until April 19th! My sights are already on SOMA 70.3!

I wish I had more time to work out, dang medical school...taking a test every other day is getting quite old. We should be given the title of professional test takers, seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, I became well known at the gym for planting a stack of index cards on the treadmill and leafing through them as I ran. And I started to even enjoy listening to recorded lectures as I biked. (The one I never figured out was how to study and swim simultaneously). Hey, we do what we have to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete