Sunday, March 1, 2009

I despise running in the cold...

Sunday run: 14 miles, 9's for the first 10 mi, 10's for the last 4. Overal--it was just an OK run, didn't feel as strong as I would have liked.

Hamstrings were extremely tight today and it was COLD, 12 degree COLD. (the 14 mph wind didn't help either) My knee is doing much much better now. My new problem is my left hamstring, i'm probably overcompensating, but I can't seem to run more than 5 miles without feeling it ball up.
I'm thinking that the cold weather really attributes to my muscle aches late in the run. After about an hour, the sweat on my clothes and hair just freezes, and so do I. I keep running to stay warm but I can feel my legs getting cold and muscles getting tight. I'm SO ready for this winter to be over! Who in their right mind gets up on the weekends and runs in the single digits for 2 hours???? I should get my head examined.

I'm ready for my beach runs in MIAMI, FLORIDA!!! (2 weeks!!)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for you to come down to MIA!
    Yes picture taking day sounds good to me! Now that I'll be off I have plenty of time. Plus, I want to go around and photograph my favortite places before I leave!

    ReplyDelete