Monday, March 30, 2009

Doin what I do....

It's been almost a week since my last post! That is a long time for me since posting is a vital part of my day...it gives me a chance to reflect. So the first week back from spring break was super busy, class from 8-5 everyday, threw myself back into a high mile run week, taught spinning a couple days, and had board review from 8-5 on saturday and sunday! I'm not complaining, everyone that knows me will tell you I'm used to running around like a crazy person taking on more than I should, but sheesh, that was a crazy week! I think it was the full weekend of board review where i was furiously taking notes (i'm sort of type A) for 8 hours that drained me the most. I've been sporadically studying for boards for a couple months, but after this weekend I really got a taste of how much I have forgotten from just last year! AHHHH! I have work to do. I still have time but I'm slowly getting more overwhelmed with the massive amount of information I need to get in my brain by June 21st. To put is simply, this was me after this past weekend:





But its ok...its no different than triathlon or marathon training...just need to set the goal and have discipline...let's hope my brain responds as well as my body haha.

In training news...the race is in 19 days!! Eeeek! I always go through this "right before the race" anxiety thing. I get anxious that i'm not prepared and just freak out about it. It always happens, I know when its going on, so i've gotten somewhat good at keeping my freaking out in check. I went on a 16 mile run today and it was, well, not so good. Mostly my fault because I forced myself to go despite feeling somewhat sick and dehydrated. Also, 21-35pmh winds in what seemed like EVERY DIRECTION was just making me mad. I just keep telling myself that running hills against the wind is what is affecting my slower than normal times. It wasn't my best performance that's for sure, but I'm glad I got it in. I AM TIRED though...






Only one more long (22mi) run left before the race! I feel a little frustrated, excited, and anxious...i hope that averages out to being ready? In the end, despite my cursing and anxiety that makes me swear i'll never race again... I'll run, do fine, smile through the finish and sign up for the next triathlon/marathon the next day!

This last 7 weeks in Kirksville is a sprint to the finish though...I'm a distance runner, not a sprinter. But I'm happy to be approaching another transition point in my life. I can't wait to see what comes next and how these next couple years in AZ go. Until then, its studying, training, and making the best of Kirksville while I can...just doing what I do with a smile on my face!




No comments:

Post a Comment