Friday, February 27, 2009

Kirksville is one of a kind...


The sign as you drive into Kirksville, MO reads "KIRKSVILLE, Where the people make the difference!" This is definitely a true statement....

My monthly trip to walmart (I try to avoid walmart in kirksville because it pretty much equivalent to a circus) today was one for the books! Just a few highlights of my trip to the store today and why the people really do make the difference:

-
saw a Mennonite family purchasing dvd's and a couple video game controllers....this just didn't make much sense to me ...especially when they walk out to the parking lot to drive/ride away in this this:



...I know Mennonites are less conservative than the Amish...but I'm still confused, and often catch myself staring and perplexed, with the ways of the Mennonites...hmmmm

- A quite obese man (who i'm sure I've seen somewhere before, maybe as a simulated patient?) was driving down the isle in his scooter, going pretty fast might I add. Here I am just deciding if I should get ice cream (always a debate that i talk myself out of) and next thing I know this man has run over my foot! It was sort of a slow motion drive by that didn't really hurt too bad, but I certainly could have done without it, remember he's not the thinnest of guys (hence the scooter.) So, ok fine he ran over my foot, i'm thinking he's about to apologize but....nothing. After a couple minutes i think he realized he went over a small "bump" and turned around (by this point he's sort of far away) and shouts to me "wow these things are sturdy, i should take it off roading." Awesome.

- I also had quite possibly the SLOWEST checkout in walmart checkout history. The lady was nice but felt the need to comment on every single one of my items and relate it to her life in some way. It lasted about 25 minutes, literally, and I only have about 15 things. This wasn't so bad until we got to my yogurt and milk...which apparently she can't eat/drink unless its a special kind because dairy products and my brand of yogurt "make her bottm rumble and her family doesn't know how to unclog the toilet." Nice.

Moral of Story: Trips to Walmart in Kirksville, MO are never a boring time.


No comments:

Post a Comment