Thursday, April 9, 2009

PAIN....



So i hoped my arches would do well with the 20 mile run...they let me down...literally. Overall i feel good, but man, my arches are not happy with me today. After the run both naviculars (both feet, see above picture) decided to drop and attempt to (what feels like) bust out of the bottom of my foot. Sounds painful...but its not nearly as painful as having somebody jam them back up to their normal place in my arch...the perks of going to an osteopathic medical school! It is only because of the amazing ostopaths here that I was able to figure out this problem I always had with my arches. After trying orthotics after orthotics, a stress fracture during a half marathon last year, and 3 weeks on crutches, and an orthopedic surgeon just saying "stop running" (umm yea right)...they finally figured out it was just the silly little bones in my arch that kept zonking out on me and causing th fracture and pain! SO, after a loooong run now i know exactly what's wrong and can walk/limp to my nearest classmate and tell them exactly what they need to treat and where they need to push, its great and it works everytime!

But with that luxury comes PAIN! I am very grateful that a friend was not only willing to touch my mutant looking feet (mutant due to years of ballet, soccer, and running) and give my arches the treatments they so needed...HOLY CRAP it hurts!!!! But once they're back to normal... no pain...its really crazy how that works. If you don't believe in ostopathic medicine...you should run until the arches of your feet collaps and then let me push them back in to place...i promise i'll make a believer out of you!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment