Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So close I can taste it...

So again, it has been way too long since I last posted, busy busy busy!
Phoenix/Tempe was amazing! 6 more weeks until i call it home and it can't come sooner. Found a fabulous place to live and my favorite part, there's a bike shop on every corner as well as several triathlon clubs to choose from! I absolutely loved the weather and just being there made me happy. I can't wait to move on, start rotations, and begin the next chapter of the saga that is my life. I'm so glad I went to visit before moving. I actually just wanted an excuse to get out of kirksville, who wouldn't!? Mainly, I just wanted to see how I felt in AZ. As mentioned, i was happy, genuinely, utterly, didn't think about anything but doing what makes me smile-happy. This is a change from Kirksville, for the first time in a long time, I felt like I wasn't fighting something off. I could just be...wherever I went, I was smiling. THAT was what I'd hoped AZ brought, and THAT was the real reason for my trip. Mission accomplished! Some pics:






On another note, the race is 10 days away!!! ahhhh!! I was really freaking out until today...i did a 20 mile run and felt great! Well not GREAT...but good as can be expected after one runs 20 miles. I actually prepared well for this run and took more Gu's than usual, which really helped. Also, drank water more frequently than usual...crazy what that does!! It was my last run before a week of tapering...and it could not have gone better. I have a little more peace of mind now about the race and although i'm still nervous (it's what i do before a race, i freak out!) my worries were greatly calmed today. Also, running 20 miles along kinda sucks. Although i had my buddy harley (a random country dog that runs with me regularly) with me for about 5 miles. He was a good partner, except for the couple times he cut me off and I almost tripped! I had music and pretty horses to look at...but a running partner really helps. Overall though, it was my best run to date, which makes me pretty happy. So other than my completely collapsed arches, severe piriformis (butt muscle) tightness, and really tight IT bands....i feel great!!! I was supposed to lead spin class tonight also...and after that 20 mile run and legs that already hated me, I cancelled. Only 1 person was signed up for class, had there been more I would have done it, but considering my fatigued legs and not much rest in between workouts, i opted out this time. Maybe one day I'll be that hard core.

So, long story short....I LOVE Phoenix and my freaking out is at an all-time low (for now)....the race and the big move are so close I can taste it!!!


1 comment:

  1. wow! AZ looks amazing! Cant wait to visit!
    I got to explore Montreal today...so beautiful, I took some pics, but there is so much of the city to explore!! I went to look at different schools for French, and I cant wait to start!
    This is something we both needed, a new beginning, somewhere new to explore!

    ReplyDelete