Sunday, May 24, 2009

ARIZONA HERE I COME!!!


So I'm ready to start the drive to AZ tomorrow! Everything is packed and all that is left to do is hop in the car and drive the 2.5 days to Tempe!! I'm very very excited to start over but I'm sad to leave some great people behind (for now anyway). Although I complain and moan about Kirksville a lot, it really has not been all that bad. I can now cross my "small town living" experience off my list. I've learned so much about myself, others, and life in general while in Kirksville so I won't say it was a bad 2 years. All in all it was great actually. Things I won't miss about Kirksville: the COLD, feeling like time is moving backwards in walmart when I'm stuck behind the slowest moving people on earth, driving 3 hours to the airport, driving 2 hours to a decent restaurant, the classroom, JC Penny being the best clothing store in town, having everyone know exactly where I am at all times cuz i'm one of the few who drives and X-terra, and just your plain old "oh kirksville" moments. I will miss great friends, being able to ride my bike anywhere, saving on gas, cheap rent, quiet nights, no traffic, my spin class, runs through the country.

The move is somewhat bittersweet but I coudln't be more excited to start fresh in Tempe. The rotations, people, new friends, training opportunities, bike and running trails, etc...i just can't wait. Now if i can only get there with my mom, aunt and uncle and dog in one piece! I'll try to post while on the trip but who knows if I'll be able to get internet. We're planning on staying at Air Force bases along the way (cuz its cheap!) and they usually have internet access. If not, I'll post pics once I get there. You know I'll have a lot!



p.s. check out my photo blog!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your pictures! Hope you made it without toooo many adventures, lol!

    Karli-Rae

    ReplyDelete