Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring has finally arrived in Kirksville!!



Spring is here! I spent about an hour walking around taking pictures of the dandelions...they are everywhere! We didn't get those in FL (or i never saw any) so I'm sort of in love with them.

Today was the first day in several months I was able to wear a tank top outside at NIGHT and not freeze to death!!! This extended weekend has been great all around. I finally got Betty and my "new" bike, yet to receive a name, tuned up today. This "new" bike is not actually new. It's probably a few years old and has been sitting outside of my apartment for about a year now. It was left there by somebody and they never came to get it...so it's mine now! It endured the winter outside because I thought somebody would actually claim it (i would never treat a bike that way!)...but they never came. SO...i took her to get overhauled today and man she needs some work. Aside from being totally rusted, she needs a new rear wheel, brake cable, new seat, and new tires. But I'm glad I adopted this bike as my own...now I have 3 bikes! I'm almost catching up to my dad, he'd be so proud. (he has 7 i think) Can't let a good bike go to waste. And it'll be perfect for AZ, you can never have too many bikes.

Other than bike tune ups and 8 hours of studying....i treated myself to sushi!! Sounds insane, but my friends and I drove the 1.5 hours to Columbia just to eat sushi...and we drove right home after...the things you do when you live in a small town, just crazy. I would've taken a pictures of it, but i was so hungry that it was all gone before I realized my camera wasn't out! It was glorious, i'm currently fighting the food coma, or maybe its the fact that its midnight...way past my bed time!

Anyway, no workout today as i planned. I know i need to get in the pool, but I'm really trying not to lose sight of the fact that boards are in less than 2 months and that's the next thing (the most important thing!) on my plate right now...not triathlons. I'm still going to train and get in that pool, but I'm really focusing on prepping for boards the way I train for a race...discipline. If i could focus myself on studying the way i focus and push for races, I'd be set. I'm trying it out by pretending boards are my next race...my mental marathon, the test is like 8 hours long! So i've sort of been slacking in the training area (slacking being not training everyday) and revving up the studying. Classes and board studying and triathlon training all at the same time is quite time consuming, something has to give. And right now, that something is going to have to be training, just for 3 more weeks until classes are over!

Hopefully the 2 exams this week go well and I can buy some much needed time in the pool. Just me, and my high elbow catch!

1 comment: