Sunday, May 17, 2009

Re-learning the definition of a weekend...

This weekend in St. Louis was probably the first time I was able to really relax (not feel guilty for not studying all weekend) in a loooooong time. Cardinals game was fun (not very eventful) but still a good time. It was also my first trip to St. Louis in which I didn't have to worry about running or be freaking out nervous about a race! I did recognize the hill of death around mile 15 of the marathon a couple weeks ago and I really had flashbacks. It was steep in my car...crazy that my legs managed to show that hill who's boss. Anyway, the weekend was crazy and I'm quite impressed that my group (9 crazy med students total) of friends managed to have such a great time and de-stress without getting in any bar fights or having to bail someone out of jail. We work hard, but play harder. Sometimes that can be dangerous.

In moving news, i have exactly 1 week to pack up my entire apartment while still attending class (worthless week of class to take time away from board studying). I have so much to pack, its overwhelming!! But I'm glad to do it and get out of Kirksville and head west. I have a feeling that my 70.3 training won't truly start until i get to Phoenix. I've been running and swimming a bit but with finals and now moving and stress, i can't settle into a set training schedule...which is frustrating me. But it will be fine, i'll jump right back in the saddle (literally) in no time. I'm hoping i can start working out with this triathlon club I found near me. I guess its a good way to find routes and meet people...and of course, stay on top of my game.

In other news...i've started 2 more blogs. One is with my cousin that I'm really excited for. It's mainly a photo blog that we're doing just to keep practicing our photography and sort of stay connected with eachother. Check out PLACE+PERSPECTIVE. The other blog is a med school blog that is through my school. Kind of a way for new students to read about what their peers are doing and learning out on rotations. So, i'll have a lot to blog about now that school is over (thank goodness).

Here are some pics from the weekend...












No comments:

Post a Comment