Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fate:1 Sasha: 0



So today was the first night that I felt well enough to want to work out...yay right? I was going to go for a run yesterday but it started raining and my terrible headache kind of made me wait too long, and I missed my chance at good weather. So when I woke up today at 6 am (my normal time)... not 2am with fever, then 3am sweating to death, then 4am just angry, it was great! I didn't feel 100% but good enough to plan on swimming, I was excited...even though most would advise against it considering my recent lung condtions haha. Anyway, i get to the pool, get ready to go, cap on, goggles on, workout on the board, and LITERALLY as I'm about to get in, the girl yells to me they need to close the INDOOR POOL because of thunder. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was angry. Again, i blame Kirksville. It's an indoor pool!!! Of course, Kirksville, where you don't get to enjoy the feel of swimming in an outdoor lap pool but you still have to deal with the disadvantages of the weather, awesome. I'm just frustrated cuz I've spent the past 2 weeks really gearing up to start workouts again, today was gonna be good. BUT of course, as fate or whatever would have it...no dice. Maybe its a sign? Maybe I need to lay off just a little while longer and let myself really recover for once. Well, it wasn't in the cards today, i get it, one more day of rest. But it better not be thunderstorming tomorrow! I mean really, is it an outdoor or an indoor pool?!?

In other news, my chest xray was unremarkable, just how I like my chest xrays. I still get the weird shortness of breath throughout the day but its not too bad anymore. I tried the albuterol inhaler today and i think i experienced a failure due to operator error the first time. I accidentally caught all the stuff on my tongue, which made my tongue feel really strange, but did nothing for the lungs (oops). Second time was better as far as delivery goes. I didn't really feel a change in my breathing...all I felt was really shaky from the albuterol. I'm not sure if i'll use it again, maybe i'll give it a second trial day.

Tomorrow is my last day of class....EVER!!!! That's really strange for me to accept. I've never known a life without class or exams. But its a great thing. I'm finally moving on to the real stuff, the stuff that actually matters. I'm going to really try to make the most of the rest of the time I have here and not take it for granted. But i'm sooo excited to get out of here, be done with class, and move on to what I've been working my whole life for! T minus 17 days until I see Kirksville from my rearview mirror!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment