Thursday, May 28, 2009

I made it!!!




So I'm finally In Arizona!! Above are a couple of pics from the drive...I'll post more soon!!! We've been here since Tuesday evening actually, I just haven't had access to internet and have been crazy (in a good way) unpacking and getting settled. The drive was fine. My mom and I were in my X-terra while my uncle and aunt were in the moving truck. We made it here faster than expected, which is awesome...more time to hang out with the family in AZ! (not to mention being stuck in that car/truck and staying at hotels where I had to sneak Abbey in wasn't too fun) We've spent the past couple of days unpacking all my boxes and setting up my apartment. It's an awesome thing that both my aunt and my mom insist on helping me clean, set up, cook, and buy things for me...i'm super grateful to have them!! It is kind of funny though when they fight over how they disagree on how MY apartment should be set up and where I should put things. They are both over 50 but still fight like they're 5. I just sit back and laugh at them with my uncle! Even more awesome was when my mom bought some "beer" (smirnoff ice) for her and my aunt to relax... 5 minutes and 1 drink later they're drunk trying to organize my kitchen...all this while fighting with eachother on where my coffee pot should go!! I really love my apartment though...and so does Abbey! (this is very important because she pretty much rules it anyway haha) The best part so far...there are bike paths everywhere!!!! I'm itching to get out and really ride but I'm going to enjoy the family company and do whatever they want while they're here. Not to mention my board studying has been kind of sporadic the past few days. That's ok though, I purposely planned boards later for this reason. It's not very often that I get this time with them. Starting Monday though...it's on! Sprint Tri in Flagstaff on July 9th is getting close!!! Ahhhhhh!
This weekend we're heading up to Sedona to take a couple tours of the Red Rocks and The Grand Canyon, it should be awesome! I'll most definitely have pictures after the weekend and will keep you updated once I get my own internet.
p.s. high of 101 today = i'm in heaven!!! I love this heat!!!

-

No comments:

Post a Comment