Thursday, February 19, 2009

70.3?

Full class tonight at spin. Wednesday's are my favorite day of the week. I love spin class and look forward to it all week but making it to the middle of the week, or the half-way point of anything is always a good feeling. It makes the back half go quicker for me. If its in a race, knowing i've gone half way, i just think "well i've already come this far, all that's left is a distance i've already come"....and in some weird way, that motivates me. That might not really make sense other than in my own mind, but that's true of most things :-P But after spin and wednesday is over, i consider the week to be in closing.

On a totally different note, i've been thinking more and more about 70.3. It seems like a long shot maybe since its already February and the race is in October, but I really think I can do it. The swim is really the only part that I'll really need to work on starting soon. My baseline with the bike and run are defintely higher than my baseline swim. I know its a big goal but i've never been in a better place physically to start training for it. If not now, then when? I'll use it to balance my life and keep my busy! (like i'm not busy enough :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment