Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A personal day...



After weeks of tests, I took today for myself. Weather was beautiful and I was finally able to relax, even if just for today. The park is always nice to get away from town. It makes me forget that I'm in Kirksville, its so peaceful.

Although I'm really relaxed today my marathon training has come to a stand still. Not entirely sure what my injury is exactly, but its either severe pes anserine bursitis or tiny medial meniscus tear. Either way, its giving me trouble. It's very mentally discouraging to be held back by an injury. I've been lucky enough so far to be injury free in everything I've done. I'm still determined to get 26.2. I guess this is the mental part of the training starting. Listening to your body when its telling you something while still staying focused on the finish line. I will say that nothing is more frustrating than having an injury holding you back from your full potential. I suppose it builds character...

1 comment:

  1. "severe pes anserine bursitis or tiny medial meniscus tear"....english por favor??! lol

    Well I hope you feel better (physically) soon so you can get back to training for your marathon. Sometimes our minds are blocked which makes it harder to train but by preparing yourself mentally at least, you will more than ready to get back in the game once your injuries heal. (plus this might be a good time to catch up on some knitting ;)jeje)

    ReplyDelete