Thursday, February 12, 2009

Great Run!

My first run back tonight after a short hiatus was great! The new shoes are awesome and my knee did great. It was only a quick 6 around town but I really felt stronger than I thought. Since I hadn't been running as much, I noticed my mood was a bit gloomy and down. And that short run tonight put a lot of things in perspective and refilled my cup, nothing else does that for me but running. Crazy how much running can change my mood. I plan to keep running for as many miles as my legs will give me, I'm convinced its the best therapy for the soul.

On a photography note, I really need to get around town and take pictures of all the scenes i see on my runs around town. I can't even count how many times I've been on a really long run, way out of town and see something that I want to capture and put on my wall at home. Before I move, I really plan on going through all my routes and finding the best shots of Kirksville. It really is a beautiful town.

No comments:

Post a Comment