Thursday, February 12, 2009

Starting off right with my new running shoes...

I feel refreshed and ready to run again now that i have new shoes. It's funny how something as simple as new shoes motivates me. My knee has really been giving me issues but hopefully with the new shoes, the glucosamine, and a little smarter training I won't have anymore setbacks. Teaching spin weekly has also helped the knee a lot I'm noticing. Maybe more mentally than anything, it charges me up that I forget my knee hurts hehe.

Being at an osteopathic school is also really nice, I can have somebody look at my legs and work out all the "runner squeaks" that I build up over the miles, its great. Much much better than getting a steroid shot in the knee in my opnion. It's supposed to snow for the next week or so, which is bumming me out. I don't mind running in the cold anymore, but running on snow and ice doesn't not work well for my knee. But no complaining, I'll push through and do work just like with everything else!

On a future note....i've decided my next thing is SOMA Half-Ironman in Tempe, AZ in November...I'm doing it, no excuses! Time to get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment