Tuesday, February 17, 2009

*Mountain Sunset*


I took this pictures a couple years ago during a time when I felt very alone living in New Mexico. The beauty of the sunset against the mountains and white sand that I captured in this picture always made me feel inspired that the best was yet to come. Stumbling on it tonight brought back the same inspirational smile. I had forgotten how much I love the mountains. I am so excited to move back to the southwest and see mountains that this picture made the great day I was having even better!

Today was one long smile, i haven't had one of those days in a while. I've finally decided to update my race schedule for the year and it made me so excited. (I'll be posting it soon.) There are so many great races in Arizona. Knowing that there isn't a better place to take my love for the swim bike run to the next level is a great feeling. I've always been excited to move there, but today I truly felt that I'm headed in the right direction to accomplish all the things on my list. (which i'll be posting soon also) I'm looking forward to great weather, fulfilling experiences, clinical learning, genuine friends, and the best thing, starting fresh and seeing where I end up. It's times like these when I get ahead of myself and try to do everything! I can't help it sometimes, I get ants in my pants and take on hundred other tasks plus the thousand I'm already working on. It's ok though, I think we all need to push the limits. But I also know that it's all about balance. I've always had to work on the balance part. It's on my list...make time to sit still and be lazy. Crazy that I have to actively work on this huh? Oh well, one day I'll figure it out. But for now I'm dreaming of mountains, sunsets, mornings, and of course racing!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I like what you wrote. Ditto on the sunsets and mountains thing. I am really happy to hear how excited you are for what lies ahead, just don't get too busy to keep updating! ('Cause I'm going to live vicariously through you this next frigid K-Ville winter...) ;-)

    Karli-Rae

    ReplyDelete